Ask a Dentist   »  

Having pain in teeth. Took Dabur Olive Oil and pain subsidized. Request medicines and immediate advice?

I am having pain in lower portion of teeth and gums occasionally. Last night it was severe. Then I took Dabur Oliv Oil and pain subsidized to some extent. Request medicines and immediate advice.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 32 minutes later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing your query.

Pain in the gums and teeth is suggestive of infection either in association with gums and attachment apparatus of the teeth, which is known as periodontal infection or it, may be associated with dental infection.

For pain relief you can start with a course of antibiotic like amoxicillin with clavulate and analgesics for 3 to 5 days but before that please do consult a dentist for examination.

Exact diagnosis can be made only after clinical examination and evaluation by taking radiographs and accordingly treatment can be planned.

Dental infections can be treated by root canal procedures, gum infections needs to be treated by ultrasonic scaling, root planing, and procedures like gingival curettage.

I would suggest you to go for symptomatic treatment at home like gargling with lukewarm saline water or antiseptic mouthwash like chlorhexidine or betadine.

Medications will give you temporary relief for permanent cure I would advise you to get the necessary treatment done.

I hope this helps.

Dr.Farah Hussain.