Having pain in stomach and shoulder. No relief from antibiotic. Should I consult a doctor?

I woke up from pain in my upper left stomach area at 1AM last night at the same time I got pain in my left shoulder that feels like I have pulled a muscle, which isn't the case. it got worse gradually, until I took painkillers, then I was able to sleep for 2 hours until I woke up from the pain again. worse this time. took another painkiller and was able to sleep for another 2 hours. It seems to have subsided a little bit now, but when I take a deep breath it stabs in the stomach left upper. Can you help me? do I need to go see a Dr?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 10 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

The pain in the region you have mentioned could be due to issues related left lung, spleen, stomach or neuromuscular issue.

A chest xray and an ultrasound scan may be done for evaluation.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini