Having pain in skin, fast heart beat. Collarbone feels tender to touch. Is it anxiety?

Hi I need help to know what is wrong with me. I am a anxiety sufferer. Have been doing much better lately but for the past 2 days I have ha da varay of symptoms. Please help me to determinate if you think this is anxiety or something else.
Monday I had pain in my skin - Extreme tenderness was on my period started to dissipate over the last few days.
Yesterday when I got very stressed I got a very unusual pain in my right chest and back - it felt very close to my spine - it was like when I moved around my heart would beat fast and this pain is odd to describe. It is quite uncomfortable I feel like I have a fever. When I cough I feel pressure in the area as i sent you the picture. Also when i cough i feel this throbbing pain very close to my spine. We have done about a kizzilion blood tests to determen it is nothing else and was diagnosed with having extreme anxiety, I feel pretty week. Lower back sore too. I am not on my period anymore.. My collarbone feels tender from when I cough also. I thought maybe I had a cold so I took some medicine and it isnt really helping feels like I am sick, but it doesnt either. I don't want to go to the emergency or walk in because I feel doctors take my anxiety as a joke. I tried to sleep it off but as soon as I woke up I felt this again. Do you think this is anxiety?
Please help me.
currently I have blood pressure like this 131/86 pulse 89
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology.
I read your mail with diligence.
You do not know how helpful you are when you can identify the source of your problems and treatment becomes that much easier. I read from the background you are not taking any medicines. That is even better. Give other methods a chance. I will try to tell you about a yogic exercise perform it twice a day for ten minutes each and write back after 15 days. If this fails you take help of doctor to get anxiolytic drugs prescribed. If you feel you can show to doctor in the interim so that you can be examined in detail and any organic illness is excluded.
I will write about the progressive muscular relaxation which is used for non pharmacological treatment of blood pressure. This has opposite effect to heavy isometric exercise. Additionally, this is a great stress buster. It is called Savasana: corpse pose if literally translated.

No yoga session is complete without the final pose – Savasana. The body needs this time to understand the new information it has received through practicing yoga. Even though Savasana is a resting pose, it’s not the same a sleeping! You should stay present and aware during the five to ten minute duration of final relaxation.

1. Come to lie down on the back.

2. Let the feet fall out to either side.

3. Bring the arms alongside the body, but slightly separated from the body, and turn the palms to face upwards.

4. Relax the whole body, including the face. Let the body feel heavy.

5. Let the breath occur naturally.

6. To come out, first begin to the deepen the breath. Then move the fingers and toes, awakening the body.

7. Bring the knees into the chest and roll over to one side, keep the eyes closed.

8. Slowly bring yourself back up into a sitting position.

Here are some ideas on ways to use props during savasana to make this pose more comfortable and relaxing.

If there is any further query I will be most happy to answer asap. It is a pleasure interacting with you.
With Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Having pain in skin, fast heart beat. Collarbone feels tender to touch. Is it anxiety? 14 minutes later
Thank you for your reply .It means a lot to me when someone takes the time to adress my needs. In your opinion do you think that this is just another attack? I know the anxiety manifests itself in many other forms... I dont usually cough, we have done so many tests even did the stress test, the holter monitor and a chest xray. I guess it helps me when I am feeling this way to know it isnt anything associated with my heart. Do you think that yoga is better than medicine? I am a little concerned about the pressure I feel when I cough. Do you think that after all the tests we have done there could be any chance that any doctor could have missed something. We even did a cat scan on my pelvis for pain that I was feeling. I just want to now that I will be okay and my chest insn't portraying any kind of symptoms for other things. Like I said in my first email the doctors with my anxiety have been very neglectful.They just want me on drugs all the time, and personally I feel because I am so young, I do not want to become into the trap of being a victim of habit forming drugs. Do you think this could be any other thing besides anxiety with all of the tests I have done, or do you think that this is another symptom that has manifested itself in its own way of anxiety.? I really appreciate you doctor. I just want to get better.

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 35 minutes later

As I understand from your query No ORGANIC DISEASE has been found on physical examination and all the test you have undergone. The stress is great mimic for lots of diseases but none was discovered. Correct me if I am wrong. Then the course left for doctors to prescribe you with what you call- habit forming drugs- anti anxiety drugs. Instead, using Yoga as stress buster I see no harm. Try it for two weeks and then comment on its benefits or lack of it. It surely does not cause any side effects. Doctors are there to consult if it fails, which I honestly believe will not happen.

With Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover,
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW