Having pain in shoulder joint. May due to wrong posture. Suggest medicines for pain relief?

Excellent

Rheumatologist
Question
Hi
I have pain in the joint of left shoulder. I have experienced similar pain before.I feel it might have arises due to wrong posture while sleeping. whenever I try to lift my hand it pains. kindly suggest some medicine for pain relief.
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thank you for posting your query.

Well, looking into your problem, I see that you are complaining of pain in left shoulder. From what history you are telling, it seems that it is arising when you lift your hand in one direction. It may be tendinitis. If your movement is restricted in every direction that would be frozen shoulder or may be shoulder capsulitis.

I advise you to go to an orthopaedician and get an x XXXXXXX of shoulder joint to look for any pathology. You can take an anti-inflammatory drug like Naproxen for relief of pain and healing of inflammation with your treating doctor’s advice. Topical analgesic gels can be applied locally. Hot fomentation may relieve pain also.

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Having pain in shoulder joint. May due to wrong posture. Suggest medicines for pain relief? 1 hour later
The movement is restricted in one direction only. Can you mention some analgesic gel name which I will buy.

Dear XXXXXXX ,

Thanks for getting back.

There are lots of them available like volini gel , Dologel etc.Most of them have same efficacy , you can try any of them.

Dr. Shruti