Having pain in shoulder, chest and neck. Diagnosed as costocondriatis. Suggestions

I have sudden pain that affects my shoulder, chest, neck - different points at different times. I had shown this about 5-6 years back and it was taken a severe case of spasm.5-6 ,months back it again came up and impacted the rib joint and my right shoulder, it was diagonized as costocondriatis. Now again since last 2 weeks, it is impacting my left shoulder, neck and chest, Please advice. I went through couple of tests wherein major issue was with my Vitamin D3 definciency (at value of 9). All my bones especially fingers and elbows pain throughout the day
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

A lack of vitamin D3 can also cause severe bone pain, especially at the joints where the muscles connect to the bones. Since you have been diagnosed with low vitamin D, you should get vitamin D supplements prescribed from your doctor.

Regarding vitamin D levels, you need to take a XXXXXXX of vitamin D with milk or curd once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month. Each XXXXXXX contains 60,000 IU of vitamin D.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.