Having pain in right side after eating. Had gall bladder removal. What could be the cause for pain?

Diabetologist
Question
Will this cause right side pain that gets extreme after eating or drinking beverage And laying down I had gall bladder removed 2009 And ercp 2011 with splint to biliary tree i beleive
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Fatty food induced Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX After reviewing your case we can come to conclusion that you are facing problems due to fatty meals or drinks.. Usually after ingestion of alcohol or drinks, there will be stimulation of liver and gall bladder to secrete enzymes. But in your case gall bladder is removed so food will take longer to get digested. So you may experience right sided pain. Even you might have right sided pain due to acute gastritis You consult your doctor once. Stop taking alcohol completly. Secondly liver enzyme extract syrups are available which can be taleo two times a day. Adding a proton pump inhibitor like pantaprazole with domperidone with help. Kindly consult your doctor to know if you have contraindications to these. Thanks,

Follow-up: Having pain in right side after eating. Had gall bladder removal. What could be the cause for pain? 28 hours later
I sent in several labs Ct etc Will u automatically be able to review or will u need to send thru this Q&A

Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 6 hours later
Brief Answer: please upload the reports Detailed Answer: Hi, I do not see any reports here. If you have the reports and wish me to look at them, kindly upload the same on the right side of this query page. There is a feature available for the same. Awaiting your response. Regards,

Follow-up: Having pain in right side after eating. Had gall bladder removal. What could be the cause for pain? 1 hour later
Thank you for your time

Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: post surgical complications Detailed Answer: Dear sir Your complications are appearing due to post surgery I reviewed your scan reports. There are no major implications but Sometimes constiPation will cause signs mimicking intestinal obstruction and air in the organs If you treat your constipation you will feel better Thirdly you can have lactulose solution after consulting your doctor Thanks