Having pain in right eye and headache after seeing bright light. What do you recommend?

Excellent

Question
hi Doctor, I'm XXXXXXX my problem is when I see a bright light my right eye is disturbed. example while night driving when I see the opposite vehicles head lights my eyes gets a feel of pain and that in turn transfer to a head ache. Regarding this I had consulted doctor and they say it's nothing and prescribed. a eye drops. but still after using this the problem persists. pls advise on this.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Prasad 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Get your vision tested... Detailed Answer: Hi, Bright light intolerance occur due to varied reasons. Only a detailed eye examination will help us derive the exact cause. I believe the doctors prescribed eye lubricants/moisturizer to you. If the regular eye lubricants has not helped you, you need to report back to an ophthalmologist for detailed eye examination. I would first want your doctor to rule out refractory errors. In the interim use antiglare riding glass along with eye lubricants and see if it helps. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards

Follow-up: Having pain in right eye and headache after seeing bright light. What do you recommend? 25 hours later
thank you doctor. I just consulted an ophthalmologist. she told that my eyes are good. the reason for pain is sinus and advised me to consult an ENT doctor

Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Go ahead with the ENT consultation... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Headache is the predominant complaint of sinusitis. Other usual associated complaints are stuffy nose, post nasal drip, throat irritation, fever and so on. Your description ("light intolerance which later gets transferred to headache") is a new sinusitis complaint to me. However since the doctor has examined you and consider it to be sinusitis, I suggest you go ahead with the referral consultation. The doctor might order X-ray PNS to confirm / exclude sinusitis. In the meantime continue eye drops prescribed to you. I wish to good health. Regards

Follow-up: Having pain in right eye and headache after seeing bright light. What do you recommend? 41 minutes later
thanks a lot doctor

Answered by Dr. Prasad 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Welcome... Detailed Answer: Wish you a bright future... If all your questions are answered, please close this discussion.