Having pain in right arm. What could be the reason?
User rating for this question
I have been having pain in my right arm most of the day.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pain may be originating from cervical spine. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your symptoms there can be diffuse disc bulge compressing your cervical spine which leads to pain in arm. When such patient comes to my hospital we usually take x XXXXXXX spine and MRI cervical spine to see for severity of nerve compression. Some medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic will reduce pain, you can take them consulting your treating doctor. Till time, avoid lifting weights Some exercises which can be done after pain has reduced include- gradual neck rotation, touching your ears to shoulder, shoulder shrugging exercises. You may consult physiotherapist for further guidance. He may start TENS ,or ultrasound which is helpful in your case. Also check your vit B12 and vit D3 in your blood. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Tailbone pain waistline rash
- Leg ligament after delivery
- What is the pain in my right arm
- Turning purple from pain
- Do pregnancy pvcs go away after delivery
- Reasons for epigastric pain after delivery
- Random pain in tailbone
- Subdural hematoma after delivery
- Heavy mucus after delivery
- Pulsating pain to shoulder
- What is the reason for arm pain and dizziness
- Random sharp pains in right shin
- Pain in right arm underside of arm
- Having pain in right arm what could be the reason
- What could be the reason for pain in arm