Having pain in rib cage. Could there be a problem?

Had lap nissen about 7-8 yrs ago. Having pain under left rib cage. Im an LPN and not a "wimp" but this hurts! I was told this surgery may not last. Could there be a problem now? Also my diaphram had to be repaired as well, it was "shredded" per surgeons. Hiatal hernia also repaired at same time. There were a lot of adhesions and it took 2 surgeons 6 hours to do surgery. Ideas?
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to recurrence.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The persistent pain under the left rib cage could be due to fibrosis and adhesions after the surgery or recurrence, etc. This needs a direct examination and proper investigations like endoscopy to find out the cause. Do consult your gastroebnterologist to find out.
Till then you can start with over the counter omeprazole and follow the dietary restrictions and see if the pain subsides to some extent.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.