Having pain in pelvic area. Discomfort to sit and stand. What to do?

i have this pain in my pelvic area everytime i sit down and stand up. what could it be?
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 26 minutes later

Would you please share some more details.

>Duration of pain,since how long ?
> Exact location of pain.
> any other complaints like fever,some issues related to urination
> abnormality in periods etc.

Please share details,so that I can answer your query properly.

Follow-up: Having pain in pelvic area. Discomfort to sit and stand. What to do? 1 minute later
have only had the pain for 2 days. the loction is my vagina going up to my lower abdomen. no problems with urination. my temp is 99.2. was supposed to start period today but havent seen it yet. last month it was extremly lite tho.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

First possibility could be impending periods.

The other possibilities are could be some local gynec infection, urinary tract infection or pulled muscle due of some over stretching.

I think you should wait for couple of days for your period to start.

In couple of days if pain does not go, or increases in intensity your may need to consult your doctor to look for the cause.

In mean time, you can take any analgesic that you are comfortable with if the pain bothers you. Do not life weight and avoid putting pressure on the part.

I hope this helps.