Having pain in pelvic ad pubic area, unable to walk. What could be the cause?

May 2013
I am a 79 year old woman having pain in the left pelvic and pubic area. It feel like infected glands. What glands are in that area and why? I have been checked by an orthopedist and an ob/gyn. The pain is so bad I am can hardly walk without a walker. Rest did help, but now it hurts all of the time. I think I need an endocrinologist.
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lymph nodes, sweat and sebaceous glands

Detailed Answer:
Usually in the pubic area, at the groin and at supra pubic area, inguinal lymph nodes(lymph glands) can be seen.
These nodes can get enlarged due to any underlying infection in the pelvic organs.
Apart from these sweat glands and sebaceous glands will present in that area.
And they can get infected due to occlusion etc.
So you once consult gynecologist and get examined to find out the actual cause of the problem.
If there is any possibility of infection, antibiotics course and analgesics tablets can help.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.