Having pain in neck spreading to shoulder, arms and back. Remedy?

It started with a pain in my neck on the left side, spread to my shoulder, arms, and back. I can barely move my head and arms. There is severe pain in my back. I can't bend my head over and I can barely get in and out of bed.
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need an assessment from a neurosurgeon

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I think this deserves a urgent assessment by your neurologist. It might be important to note that the nerve supply t the upper limbs and neck region actually originates in the cervical spine. The symptoms you present are compatible with a degenerative lesions of the cervical vertebrae, that are now compressing nerves causing the symptoms you are experiencing. Early evaluation , appropriate diagnosis and management will certainly guarantee favorable outcomes.

I strongly suggest you book an appointment with a neurosurgeon for a clinical review, X XXXXXXX and an MRI scan.

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. Fee free asking further questions if you need more help.

Kind regards,

Bain LE, MD