Having pain in neck. X-ray normal. Easy way to get cure?

General Surgeon
I have a pain in my neck from last 10 year i consulted doctor and dud x XXXXXXX also
But my report is normal but still frequently it paining and also every alternate day my head
Is paining. Please suggest me what should i do
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Your pain is most likely caused by spine disc herniation or due to muscular pain. Regular X-ray is good to visualize fractures in the spine, however it wont tell if there is any neurologist, have physical examination and get scheduled for spine MRI.
In a meanwhile, you can try physical therapy, exercises (swimming is good for such pains), massages, hot compresses. pain killers like Diclophenac 50 mg twice a day (should be taken with Omeprasole 20 mg for stomach protection).

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.