Having pain in neck What are the symptoms for spondolytis?

Question
Neck paining. What are the symptoms for spondolytis?
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Prasad 24 minutes later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

The classical symptoms of cervical spondylitis (neck) are pain and stiffness. Symptoms are generally chronic and progressive in nature unless medically intervened. As the symptoms of various causes of neck pain overlap considerably, spondylitis is mainly diagnosed by investigation.

If you suspect you might have spondylitis, I would advise you to get X-rays and blood test (hemogram, ESR and C-reactive protein) done. The test will provide clues/signs to exclude spondylitis. Your local doctor can write to the nearest laboratory for relevant tests.

Hope this clarifies. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Having pain in neck What are the symptoms for spondolytis? 17 minutes later
Dear doc, i did not get answer. It was just showing hi!!

Answered by Dr. Prasad 46 minutes later
Hey,

I have informed XXXXXXX team about this issue. You can write to YYYY@YYYY about your problem. Perhaps you can leave your phone number to them, if needed they can arrange a phone consult with me.

Any way, I shall paste my previous answer here:
The classical symptoms of cervical spondylitis (neck) are neck pain and stiffness. Symptoms are generally chronic and progressive in nature unless medically intervened. As the symptoms of various causes of neck pain overlap considerably, spondylitis is mainly diagnosed by investigation.