Having pain in muscles in legs and upper arms. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
For the last couple of years the muscles in my legs and upper arms ache. usually it goes away after a couple of hours, but lately the cramps and aches continue for hours, even to the point of waking me up.

Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Moustafa Saeed 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be nerves pain

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your question.

Are you on cholesterol reducing drugs (statin), as some drugs can give similar symptoms

Other cause for the pain and cramps you are suffering from could be coming from your spine as radiating pain from trapped nerves.

If you not on any drugs that can give muscle pain such as statins then I will recommend to have scan on your spine to look into spinal nerves in details.