Having pain in mid back. Ultrasound showed prominent upper pole. Should I go for kidney MRI?

I need to have an MRI on my kidney because an ultrasound showed a prominent right upper pole. I have a vague ache in my right mid back. I had the ultrasound because my creatinine level was 1.5. I had it retested two weeks later and It is now 1.3 I'm scared that this might be cancer. Any information will be appreciated.
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Prominence on ultrasound is a subjective assessment by the sonologist.
It may not mean anything.
The right next step is CT or MRI which will characterize the kidneys better.
Once we have the report of MRI we can discuss.
I will be surprised if there is anything serious in the MRI.
Cancer usually does not present as pain.
best regards