Having pain in lymph gland below the jaw. Done with hot fomentation. Have fever. Reason for lymph gland swelling?

ENT Specialist
i have having pain in one of the lymph gland below the jaw on the chin, left side of neck since last was swollen and hot, and paining a lot..i have done hot fomentation..i have a slight fever also 100 degree..what could be the reason of this lymph gland swelling..i am a patient of RTA and recently under treatment of H-Pylori, taking HP Kit, i have chronic deudinitis, have undergone endoscopy and colonoscopy, the results of those attached to my last question.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. The neck swelling is in the region of the Jugulo-Digastric (JD) lymph node that drains the tonsil and throat.

2. Equally important is an examination of the inside of the throat for signs of active infection and inflammation. Hence you must get your throat examined by an ENT Specialist.

3. SInce you have fever, you may request your physician to start antibiotics, anti-inflammatory and anti-pyretic medication along with an anti-allergic and medicated mouth gargles.

4. As such I do not believe that this sore throat is related to your other conditions and treatment. it is also better to get a direct examination to rule out other causes such as dental infection, salivary gland inflammation and soon.

5. If the swelling does not subside in a week, further investigations may be necessary.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.