Having pain in lungs while breathing and hurts while sneezing. What to get relief?

im having right lung pain when i breath and and when i sneeze it started three days ago and the pain is still the same. when i lay down on either side i can feel the pain but not as bad as when i inhale or sneeze it realy hurts when i sneeze
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 44 minutes later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

I would think of your symptoms as pleuritic type of pain(pleurisy), which increases on breathing and sneezing.

There are many differential diagnosis like pneumonia, tuberculosis or SLE. Though SLE is common in females, males are also occasionally affected.

I would suggest you visit your physician as soon as possible. He/She would be better able to assess your condition after physical examination,relevant blood investigations and chest X-ray.

Hope I have answered your queries. I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, kindly accept the answer.Any reviews are welcome.

Get well soon.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan