Having pain in lower stomach and felt a hard lump on pressing. What should I do?

Hi, I have for a few days had bad pain in lower left of stomach and sometimes it makes it very hard to move to sit up. No vomiting or anything like that except I can feel a large lump like a blockage, it feels hard like a XXXXXXX and sometimes it hurts when I press on it. I have in the last couple of days had a couple of enemas but I can still feel this lump. I don't know what to do?
Posted Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

Palpable lump in abdomen needs to be evaluated. As it is on left side your previous surgery has no relation to it.

There are various possibilities like,
>Some collection beneath skin
>Swelling over intestine
>Some issues related to pelvic organs.

Please visit your general surgeon and get your self examined for this.

After examined you may asked some investigations like blood, urine and ultrasound to look for the cause.

Please do not ignore and visit a doctor.

I hope this helps.