Having pain in lower back, hip joint and back of knee. Getting butterfly sensation in calf. Reason?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have pain in lower back,hip joint and outside and back of knee. The knee pain being caused through injury. The pain also is in outside of thigh and calf muscles. Now have a butterfly type sensation occurring intermittently in my calf. What would cause this sensation.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 32 minutes later
The sensation that you have described in the calf is likely to be related to muscle cramps. It can happen due to the injury or an electrolyte imbalance or a decreased fluid intake.
The pain that you have described is likely to be a muscular pain. Most of the times it can be taken care of with adequate rest, mild pain killers and hot fomentation. In case the pain is persistent then consult your physician and get some muscle relaxants prescribed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.