Having pain in lower back and legs. What treatment should be done?

Really bad lower back pain and my legs
Have already gone to urgant care doctor there let me know I need to stretch I have been stretching for almost 7 days and the pain has gotten worse
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

The best modality for low back ache is bed rest for few days not more than a week.Most of times exercise will aggravate the low back ache.

Bending exercises are ones commonly involved in worsening the low back ache.

Do wear a Lumbosacral belt , this will stabilise the hip and avoid shear in the lower back and provide you relief.

Also do apply Diclofenac gel over the affected area which will provide you momentary relief from pain so that you can carry on your regular work.

If the pain has been for more than 3 weeks then there would be need for an Xray to rule out any inflammatory conditions leading to faulty bone mineralisation.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.