Having pain in lower back and leg. Suggest some painkillers and muscle relaxants

Spine Surgeon
hi! doctor i have an lower back pain which is radiating to my left leg, though its mild only which caused due to exertion, i had the problem of slip disc 3 years back but after medication, exercises etc it was completely cured it re occurred few days back and now i am in some pain, i forgot and lost the prescription of my last doctor from bareilly as now i am shifted to navi Mumbai, please suggest me some painkillers and muscle relaxants to cure the problem, postures and all exercises i know for back pain, i dont want to go for MRI and xray now as i had all 3 years back.
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Osteoporosis
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 36 minutes later

As you were already taking etoricoxib 90 mg, this time you can take in combination with muscle relaxant i.e. etoricoxib 60+thiocolchicoside 4 (like etoshine MR) twice daily with antacids. Please get it prescribed by your bed rest.

However if problem persists and/or there is neurological deficit present/appears later, it is better to consult a spine surgeon and you may need MRI as well.

Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.