Having pain in lower and upper muscle. Taking Lercanidipine and Indapamide. Taking cholesterol medication. Suggest

A strong pain in the left arm muscle and lower and upper muscle. Felt it yesterday a few times and it eases off. Today felt it again and also has eased off. A bit of fluid in the lower left leg . Also tiredness. wanting to rest.
I am on blood pressure tablets - Lercanidipine XXXXXXX enalapril 10mg/20mg & Indapamide Hemihydrate 1.5mg SR-Tab
Cholesrerol - Rosuvastatin 20mg and reflux Esomeprazolem 20mg EC Age 66 years . No pain at the moment.
Thank you
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

Thanks for writing. My comments are as follows:

1. First, I presume you are concerned about coronary heart disease and wish to know if the left upper arm pain is related to it.

The on and off left arm pain does not seem to be related to heart disease. I feel this might be due to statin (rosuvastatin) associated myopathy. Statin can cause muscle pains.

2. I am unsure what exactly you meant by "bit of fluid in the lower left leg", but I presume you meant pedal edema. Pedal edema is a common finding in patients on antihypertensive drugs due to venous pooling. You are on indapamide which has diuretic (water pill) like action and that should take care of it. Nevertheless if fluid accumulation worsen, it needs to be evaluated by your doctors.

3. Tiredness and easy fatiguability has multiple causes. Chronic disease and lack of proper sleep are few known causes. If the tiredness and weakness are severe as to impair your daily activities, I think you need to get your hemoglobin, blood sugars and thyroid hormones checked again.
Most of my patients with easy tiredness felt better after nutritious diet and good sleep. Please implement a healthy diet and sleep well.

I hope I was of some help. Let me know if you need more guidance.

Best Regards