Having pain in lower abdomen and heel pain while walking. What to do?

Question
Hello Doctors,
I have pain in my left lower abdomen side causing a left heel pain when I am walking
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the query

I would request for some further inforamtion. Is that pain on the front side or the back. do you have any sort of feeling of numbness in that foot. how is your weight? Try to lye down straight and raise your leg straight without bending the knee and try to lift it upto 90 degrees and tell me whether you feel pain at which angle and where do you feel that pain?

will be waiting for your reply
Thanks

Follow-up: Having pain in lower abdomen and heel pain while walking. What to do? 18 hours later
The pain in the front side. No I don't feel that my foot is numb. I weight 207 pound and I am 1m 60. I feel the pain in the lower left side and my heel is killing me especially in the morning or when I stand up after sitting for a while.

Thank you

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 7 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the Query

The pain you are having in your left lower abdomen and heel seems to be most likely of neurological origin in distribution of the sciatic nerve. You have to correct you lying posture and avoid prolong sitting or working on computer. Regular anti inflammatory along vit B12 supplements are quite effective in such conditions.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask

Thanks