Having pain in leg. Prefer to lay down. No interest in doing work. Cure?

My brother is 54 years old. Few months ago, He started having pain in his right thigh down (full)leg.
Moreover, a number of times, He feel no interest in doing any work and prefer to lie down.
He Saw the doctor medicine & pain killer is not effected in present please help me & cure him.
can you kindly advise on the basis of these syptoms,the problem ,He is affected with and its remedy i hope you will focus on this is matter in your busy schedule.
so pls rply on email( YYYY@YYYY ) or mobile. 0000,0000
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Your brother seems to be having some neurological problem as a cause for his symptoms unless proven otherwise.
The backache radiating to buttocks and legs along with the numbness indicates a serious local cause affecting the spine.
It can be a sciatica or disc prolapse related issue or an infection like pyogenic or tubercular. There is no rapid shortcut to treatment for such serious problems.
He should get a thorough physical and neurological examination by a neurologist and get investigated to point out the exact diagnosis.
He would need CT/MRI spine as suggested after the examination and follow the advise accordingly.
Meanwhile he should avoid awkward postures, should use a hard bed for lying down, use local pain killer spray like one containing diclofenac gel.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!