Having pain in left upper quadrant that radiates to back. Have no appetite and nausea. Feeling stressed. Suggest?

General Surgeon
I have a burning type pain in the left upper quadrant that radiates to the back. I have little or no appetite and nausea on and off for the past 2 weeks. I have experienced a tremendous amount of stress in the last few months.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to stomach ulcer

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting in XXXXXXX

Pain in the left upper quadrant can be due to stomach ulcer.If it is situated in the posterior part of stomach,pain will radiate to the back.

Please consult a gastroenterologist for Upper GI endoscopy.

I prefer Rabeprazole tablet along with Itopride to my patients wuth similar complaints.

You should get an Ultrasound abdomen if endoscopy is normal.

Hope i answered your query.

If you have any questions,i will clarify further.

Wish you good health

Follow-up: Having pain in left upper quadrant that radiates to back. Have no appetite and nausea. Feeling stressed. Suggest? 2 days later
I also have a lot of bloatimg especially in the pelvic area. Sometimes the gas pain wakes me up in the middle of the night....the nausea and the gas pain has been bothering me for about a month...I used to move my bowels once a day...for a few weeks I move three to four times daily..not loose but soft.
Any suggestions? I also experience lack of appetite I eat but I am not hungry...
Can it be anything related to the ovaries? Or do you think it is just GI? My family also is complaining of nausea for a few weeks as well...could it be a GI viral illness?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be IBS

Detailed Answer:

The pelvic pain and bowel movements can be due to Irritable bowel syndrome(IBS).I prescribe a Pre and Probiotic capsule to my patients.

Your appetite is not related to ovaries.

It is due to gut problems only.

Nausea for few weeks is due to some upper GIT problem,not viral illness.I prescribe Rabeprazole with Domperidone tablet to my patients.