Having pain in left eye. Found relief after removing the glass. Help?

Dear sir
there is pain in the left eye at the left eage from last 2 days.
when i remove the glass it will give the relief to eyes.
kindly help me
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 hours later

Eye pain without any localized symptoms such as redness / watering is usually the results of eye strain or lack of proper lubrication. As you mentioned the pain is better after removing glasses (refractory glasses/spectacles), I wonder if the pain is related to changes in refractory error.

Please get your vision checked to confirm it.

If there are no problems with vision, then using artificial tears such as Tearmax eye drops can be helpful. You will be able to get this eye drops from your nearest pharmacy. Apply 2-3 drops into each eyes thrice a day for 2 weeks and see if symptoms improve.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Having pain in left eye. Found relief after removing the glass. Help? 1 minute later
thanx for the mail.
surely i will reply on monday with the status.
yes there is no eaching and redness in the eye.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 hours later

If no visual acquity changes (refractory error) is noted, then you can try artificial tear drops as suggested above. It should help.

In the meantime, if the pain is severe acetaminophen tablets available as "Dolo 650mg" in India can be used as and when required.

Wish you a speedy recovery.