Having pain in left arm. Faster heart beat, feeling difficulty in breathing and unable to sleep. What could this be?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
i have pain in my left arm from since one year and now i m feeling pain all the times and my heartbeats are more faster every time about 125. i checked my belly x rays and ecg testes every test is fine no problem in x rays and other test. i m in very much pain all doctors always says i m fine . also i feel difficulty in breathing always. but my pain is unbearable even i cant eat anything. due to this i feel pain in my head always now unable to sleep at night. please doctor tell me what kind of symptoms are there what kind of disease i have and what kind of testes i need . please replay me fast . i shall be thank full to you .
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Before proceeding further, I would like some more details so that I can help you in better ways. Let me know the following-

*Have you also pain behind neck or any restriction in movement of neck?
*Is pain in your arm associated with tingling and numbness?
*Is there any weakness in upper limb?
*Is there any history of injury over neck or arm?

Awaiting your reply....

Follow-up: Having pain in left arm. Faster heart beat, feeling difficulty in breathing and unable to sleep. What could this be? 6 hours later
yes I hv pain behind neck but it's some time not everyday.
pain in my arm is uper side of the arm. it's like pain in my veins nd my blood is like burning. due to this my heartbeat are very fast. I don't feel hungerness. even I dn like to eat.
not here I never injured. my arm and neck never injured
Hi,What you are experiencing is called 'Radiculopathy'. It basically suggests entrapment of a nerve root in your cervical spine in its origin or course. It is somehow not so uncommon now in younger population.

If it has been persistent or even increasing since few days, you need to visit your orthopaedician. Depending upon the clinical findings they might ask you to get an MRI done, which shall help establish a diagnosis and in turn allow one to formulate a treatment plan.

Let me assure you that this is temporary and self limiting illness that usually the treatment goes in following lines: rest, lifestyle modifications (namely- avoiding pillow while sleeping, following a healthy diet plan, maintaining suitable posture while working on computer/driving, avoiding any activity that strikes neck discomfort), medications (that your physician prescribes) and most important physiotherapy ( in form of neck exercises, cervical traction if required along with local ultrasonics).

In case the pain is not adequately relieved with the present treatment then you may need oral muscle relaxants and methylcobalamnin supplements for proper relief.

Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern.