Having pain in knees. How to get relief?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having pain in my knees. Few days beck the pain was in the left knee. But now it has shifted to my right knee. I am not sure of the problem. Would appreciate your help.
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 47 minutes later
Pain in the knees without any history of injury could be due to inflammation of the knee joints. It could also be related to calcium or vitamin D 3 deficiency.
This should slowly subside with hot fomentation, proper relaxation, adequate Vitamin D3 supplements, mild pain killers and regular exercises to improve mobility of the joint.

In case, It does not subside after taking these measures or it is associated with severe pain, and swelling around the joint then a physical examination by orthopedician is necessary. He may order a Knee MRI to know the exact cause and provide the proper treatment for it.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.