Having pain in jaw which was locked before. Taking solphadol. Suggestion?

Nov 2013

Hi can you please help me..iI have had one BLOCK 4 months ago..two weeks reliefe but am in lots of pain in LEFT jaw which moves to right side and both ears which gives me neurological TINITUS ..hAVE IT 15 MONTHS NOW.. taking SOLPHADOL pain killers..kind regards XXXXXXX (MALE AGE 62)
Posted Sun, 16 Dec 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 9 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I can understand the discomfort you face on account of pain and tinnitus.

Since you already had the ganglion block with temporary relief, as of now, you should start neuropathic pain medications.

Medicines that are likely to be helpful for you are pregabalin, gabapentin and carbamazepine.

If your pain is episodic (coming intermittently, lasting for few seconds), then carbamazepine would be the best drug to start. Otherwise, if the pain is constant, pregabalin or gabapentin would be the better choice.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad