Having pain in hip, leg and buttock. Does these symptoms suggest hip replacement?

I am having major pain in my hip in side of my leg and buttock. It has been going on for quite some time. Are these symptoms that I need a hip replacement? I'm only 36.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 8 hours later
thanks for the query

Hip replacement is a major surgery and it is indicated only when there is severe hip damage. The following points could help you to know if hip replacement is indicated;
-Persistent hip pain that keeps you awake, or awakens you, at night.

-Persistent hip pain that limits activities necessary to go about your daily activities (getting up from a chair, climbing stairs, walking etc.).

-Persistent hip pain that limits activities that give you pleasure (walking for exercise, traveling, shopping, etc.)

-Failure of other treatments for a reasonable period of time, and you still have persistent hip pain.

Young age is relative as there is actually no clear cut definition of age with respect to hip replacement. However, hip replacement is aimed at improving the quality of life and the only fear in young people is that the replaced hip might wear quickly. Thus in young individuals with hip replacement, their exercises are limited and carefully chosen.

Hope this answers your query. If you do have further query, i will be glad to help.
Best regards.