Having pain in hip going down to calf. Done with MRI. What are the findings and medication?

Spine Surgeon
Question
I am having pain in my right side, hip that goes to down to calf. There is no pain in my thighs. The pain is mostly moderate and at times its severe. I am facing this problem since last 3-4 months. Have consulted an Orthopadecian locally , who refereed for MRI.
Attached is my report, want to know the best possible remedy. My Ortho has suggested to undergo surgery.
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 29 minutes later
Radiating pain along the leg may be due to many reasons but disc prolapse is most common reason. Do you have any leg numbness or tingling? Have you done the mri. Mri helps to diagnose the problem. Please upload the mri report. Thanks.

Follow-up: Having pain in hip going down to calf. Done with MRI. What are the findings and medication? 3 minutes later
Thanks for the reply Doctor. I dont feel numbness. I have uploaded my MRI report. Kindly check

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 4 minutes later
Lab reports and discharge summary. No mri report.

Follow-up: Having pain in hip going down to calf. Done with MRI. What are the findings and medication? 4 minutes later
Please see again. Have rcvd these only.
I have uploaded MRI report.

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 8 hours later
You have stenosis at L5 S1. This is contributing to the leg pain. Treatment depends upon your symptoms. Is it bothering you daily? Hampering your work ability?
You can consider nerve root block at l5s1 level which means local steroid injection near nerve root. If that relieves your pain then it can be repeated. If effect is short lived and pain come back in a week then surgical option need to be considered.