Having pain in hip. Took cortizone shot. No relief. Suggest the suitable treatment?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
my hip is killing me. I got a cortizone shot at 10:30 this morning? is this a rebound thing and what do I do for it
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
This is cortisone flare.

Detailed Answer:

This is known as cortisone flare, common side-effect of cortisone shots. A cortisone flare can cause an increase in symptoms in the first 24-48 hours after a cortisone injection.

Do not worry, symptoms usually subside within a few days.

The first recommended treatment is resting the area injected with cortisone to allow the inflammation to subside. Do not do any strenuous activity.
Apply an ice pack to the area, off and on, for the first few days.
You can take anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen (motrin) to reduce pain and inflammation.

Hope the information was helpful, if you have any further queries I am happy to answer, if no kindly close the query & give your review about this service.