Having pain in head, feeling pressure in head, electric vibrating pressure behind eyes and forehead.Feeling dizzy. Done with MRI. Cause?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I have been having head pains for some weeks now which have been very frightening. The pains and feelings are very strong pressure inside head and inside between ears, eletric vibrating pressure behind eyes and forehead inside that i feel dizzy and drowsy when it happens like my head is shaking. Stabbing inside head like behind eyes. I am very frightened about this and feel pain and constant pressure in my head. I had a MRI scan 3 weeks ago and came back clear. Is this some nerves problems?
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Headache does not seem to be due any serious cause

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

Your current symptoms including headache does not seem to be due to any serious cause. This is because your MRI brain has been done and it is normal. Also, your symptoms do not suggest a serious cause.

The most likely cause seems to be a migraine variant.

Since they are frequent, you would benefit form preventive medications such as Topiramate, beta blockers or divalproex. This would reduce the severity and frequency of headaches.

In addition, for symptom relief, you can take rizatriptan tablets.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist

Follow-up: Having pain in head, feeling pressure in head, electric vibrating pressure behind eyes and forehead.Feeling dizzy. Done with MRI. Cause? 12 minutes later
I been having a burning stabbing pressure pain inside at the back of eyes and have felt very weak tonight. I feel the nerves burning in my face and also have burning limbs. Now i have electric dizzy sensation inside my head with a warming up feeling. What tests do i need done to have a diagnosis of my unwellness? Ive been having these pains and sensacions for 2 months. I have had severe nerve burning pain tonight and a strong weakness faintiness feel. I feel very unwell.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood tests would help

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

Following blood investigations would be useful.

hemoglobin
thyroid profile,
serum electrolytes,
serum vitamin B12 level,
Serum vitamin D level,

Please get back with the reports.

As of now, pregabalin capsules would help reduce burning, and betahistine tablets would help reduce dizziness.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Having pain in head, feeling pressure in head, electric vibrating pressure behind eyes and forehead.Feeling dizzy. Done with MRI. Cause? 14 minutes later
I had blood tests and came back normal. Can nerve damage cause all these symptons? Is it nessesary to have another mri scan 3 weeks later do u think? also i cannot scrunch face without pressure is this a problem? Please help im so worried about my health and in pain. Thank you. XXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Repeat MRI may not be needed

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

Repeat MRI of brain may not be needed. However, if MRI of spine was not done, that can be done.

Normal blood tests are also a good news!

There is no need to worry, if all blood tests and MRI brain were normal.

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Having pain in head, feeling pressure in head, electric vibrating pressure behind eyes and forehead.Feeling dizzy. Done with MRI. Cause? 12 hours later
I have severe pressure inside head and feel dizzy and losing counsiousness, wat can i do? Is this dangerous?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
These symptoms Re not XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for getting back.

Your current symptoms are not XXXXXXX As I mentioned, migraine can cause these. However, anxiety or stress can aggravate the symptoms. So, relax and eat well.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)