Having pain in head behind ear. Is this serious?

Yes, thanks, I have had dull-like pain in the right back part of my head behind my ear. I just had a
pain on the left side of my head, all of a sudden, and then it went away. Is this a symptom I need to be aware of?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 27 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the question.
Sudden pains are such are common in hypertensive patients. However, there a few things you need to rush to the emergency service if you do notice.
If one side of the body becomes weak, or the headache become very severe and repeated, your neck becomes stiff, you start experiencing jet like vomiting or continues nausea, and vision becomes blurred, with these symptoms , you need to rush to the emergency service.
For now you need to control your blood pressure and blood glucose levels to ensure that they are within normal limits. If they are, then you continue with your treatment as prescribed by your treating physician. Any abnormalities warrant a an urgent consultation. Preventing stroke with daily small quantities of Aspirin or Aspegic are very very important.
Thanks and best regards.
Do not hesitate in asking further questions in case you have some doubts.
Luchuo, MD.