Having pain in head. Due to tension and stress. Suggest?

My Dad has had pain on top of his head when he strains during a BM. We went to our Family Doctor on August 30th and he said it was tension due to the straining

The Doctor advised him to use stool softners and Miralax. Over the past few days he has not had the pain just some tenderness on top of head, although today he said it has been good. Should I be overly concerned at this point?
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Observe for now

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for sending your question.

I agree that this is most likely tension. I would continue to monitor the symptoms for the time being. Still softeners are a good idea to help minimize straining.

If the symptoms persist for More than two additional months I would revisit this with the primary care doctor for a good physical examination and consultation.

Thank you again for sending the question.

Dr. Galamaga