Having pain in gums and roof of the mouth. No swelling or redness. What to do?

Have had pain in my entire mouth all my gums and roof of my mouth. No swelling or redness just pain. This has been since Friday. JSpincola@ WWW.WWWW.WW
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

I will try to help you with your question. You are saying you have pain in your mouth but no swelling or redness.

Was this precipitated by anything?
Did it just occur suddenly?
Have you been on any new medications?

Waiting for your response,

Follow-up: Having pain in gums and roof of the mouth. No swelling or redness. What to do? 37 minutes later
No new medications. Thought it was a reaction to MSG but that was Thursday night. Nothing else I could think of other than that.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 hours later
I'm not really sure without being able to see your mouth. You could try something called Amosan oral rinse. You can get it over the counter at the Pharmacy.

If it doesn't get better you obviously will have to see you GP or your dentist.

I hope this has helped somewhat.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.