Having pain in groin area while playing or turning hip. What this could be?

i have a pain in my Groin area for the past 18 months or so, it only effects me when i play golf when i turn on my hip. it does not effect me in any other day to day activities.

do you know what this could be ?

Thank you
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 40 minutes later

The pain you experience in the groin after playing golf clearly indicates sprain in the muscles involved in the required action.The muscles like gluteus, Psoas, conjoint tendon etc are involved.

Daily stretching of those muscles would reduce the problem over time and finally disappear.

I have provided you a link below, which shows a series of videos of typical hip exercises.

If you have pain in the testis associated with the pain in the groin then the cause would be something different.The sudden contraction in the conjoint tendon pulls the testis up with a sudden jerk this induces mild torsion in the testis and cause pain.If this is the case then you may have to be examined by a surgeon.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.