Having pain in groin and irritable bowel syndrome. Could IBS be a cause for the pain?

I saw the doctor now and she confirmed that there is no hernia ive been getting pain in the right side of groin from XXXXXXX to time I'll use the toilet and it feels like I need to go again I do have ibs could the iratable bowl syndrome be the cause
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 4 hours later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concern.

Based on the information it seems like you are having pain in right side groin and your physician did checked and said its not a hernia, more over your question is since you are know case of IBD, it may be probable cause of the pain in groin.

Here is the thing IBD does surely can cause such pain, but their are other things that can do the same.

1) Hernia - (which is out of picture since your physician checked for it.)
2) lymphangitis
3) Epididymitis. (in case of male)
4) sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia,Gonorrhea,syphillis
5) Pelvic inflammatory diseases (in case of female).
6) Ectopic pregnancy (in case of female on oral birth control pill)

So their are multiple cause and all needs to be ruled out before blaming IBD as only the cause.

So help me with following question so that I will be bit more confident in saying IBD is likely cause.

1) do you have any fever?
2) did you have any discharge coming out of your sex organ (penis/vagina) since your sex in not provided in the question?
3) any pain while peeing?
4) any swelling in lymphnodes or redness in groin area?
5) any unprotected sexual intercourse and suspicious about they may have Sexually transmitted diseases.
6) pain traveling to tip of penis or tip or clitoris ?
7) any thing makes pain better?
8) any thing makes pain worst?
9) any nausea or vomiting?
10) any relation of pain to with food ingestion / pooping ?
11) any menstrual irregularities (in case if you are female)?

Please reply to above question so it will help me to take more closer look in what might be a cause.

Thanks for the query, and feel free to contact me in case of any concern.

Follow-up: Having pain in groin and irritable bowel syndrome. Could IBS be a cause for the pain? 3 hours later
1no fever
2 no discharge from penis
3 no pain when peeing
4 not sure the tube does feel a bit swollen
5 none
6 no pain travellin t the tip of penis
7+8 nothing that I can think of
9 none
10 if I do eat quickly then ill get a bit of heartburn
I have notice that when ive done a wee and poo after I have finished about 30 seconds later I feel as if I need to take a wee again
Some times ill need to run to the toilet as ill just startto burst and when im in town or on the bus its not always easy to use the toilet so I have to hold on for a while
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 10 hours later

Welcome back, thanks for the information. I am sorry I couldn't reply earlier due to some internet connection issues.

Now it does seems that IBD is a likely cause as most of the answer to my question was NO, it does helps to rule out other possibilities. Some times excessive masterbation may lead to such pain in groins. But it will go away once a person stops masterbation for couple of days.

So their is nothing worry some as other issues are concern, just try to get IBD in control and things will be back to normal.

Thanks again,