Having pain in front of the neck with collarbone. What cure should be taken?

I have pain in front of the neck with collarbone .could you help me?
with Regards
This problem I had it nearly 10weeks .I use play tennis and other activities.
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 2 hours later

Thank you for your query,

From your short description it seems to be sport related injury and could be involving clavicle, sternum and ligaments or neck muscles.

Check for local signs - muscle tenderness, swelling, bruises, deformities, range of motion of your arm, etc.

In any condition involving articulations, ligaments and bones (such as yours) recovery is prolonged and I would recommend you to stop your physical activity (tennis, etc,) until you will reach that phase with no pain during functional activity / daily living activities. You can try applying locally anti-inflammatory creams and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen which you can get over the counter to aid in bettering the recovery process. If you will find muscle soreness, then massage will be preferable. Warm compresses on the affected areas can also help.

If you see no improvements during the next 10 days then you need X-ray or MRI with Physical therapy.

Hope this answers your query.

I wish you good luck and if you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards