Having pain in foreskin during intercourse. Had Paraphimosis previously. What can be done?

Hello Dr,
I am 26 years old married guy.I have problem related to foreskin retraction during intercourse.Once before marriage i suffered from Paraphimosis and consultated general surgeon who set it right the swollen penis and suggested me to retract foreskin properly post erection.But didnt advise circumcision since my foreskin was not tight.
Post marriage during intercourse i feel little pain and also the foreskin doesnt retract fully so that it comes behind penis head and glans are fully exposed.I am afraid to pull the foreskin forcibly that it may get stuck and cause Paraphimosis or frenulum the connecting skin between penis and foreskin may break and cause injury.
I really want to get rid of this foreskin retraction problem.What can i do for this?any stretching exercises?Also regular washing of glans with soap wil help to clean so as to get rid of any possible infections?Please suggest me and help me achieve complete sexual satisfaction.

Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
a steroid cream for 6 weeks may help

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Normally if there is difficulty with foreskin retraction, a mild topical steroid is used daily to reduce any adhesions (these are areas where one area may stick onto another). The foreskin is retracted to the maximum and the cream is applied, this is done twice a day.
The steroid breaks down any connections causing problems with retractions.A commonly used cream is triamcinolone cream 0.1%.

Another option would be circumcision. This would definitively reduce any problems with the foreskin. If you use a cream for 4 to 6 weeks with no improvement then you can discuss this option with your doctor.
It may or may not affect your sexual experience. Some men indicate that their sexual experience is not changed by circumcision and others report there is a change.

The use of the cream is the only type of stretching exercise that is done

Regular washing is important to reduce the chance of a collection occurring in the area of the glans.
It is important to retract and clean this area daily.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions