Having pain in feet and swollen toes. Not able to walk properly. Feeling cold and fever. Concerned

Nephrologist
Question
Good morning,

This past week I have been having pain in my feet from the ball of my foot to my toes, my first and second toes are swollen, can't seem to walk properly. My wrist joints have been aching and also feel discomfort down to my fingers and I also feel extremely cold/body ache with a fever, at first thought I was coming down with a flu. This morning was the ultimate test, when I felt dizzy coming out of the shower, I laid on the bed to try relax.
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from severe arthritis. Especially of the smaller joints, there are various types of arthritis but treatment of them is almost always the same and it starts from simple analgesics like acetaminophen. But I would like you to XXXXXXX a doctor preferably an immunologist as soon as possible for further work up of the joint pain.

I hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to answer any further ones

I wish you a speedy recovery

Follow-up: Having pain in feet and swollen toes. Not able to walk properly. Feeling cold and fever. Concerned 18 minutes later
My GP had done tests on me for Rheumatoid Arthirits but it came up negative do you suggest I just get a referral to see an Immunologist and see what he says, each time I go to the doctor and complain about the same problem they say its my raynauds or give me some answer that does not relate to what I am experiencing. The LFT always comes up rather high.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

Your GP might be right that it could be Raynauds but I wouldnt pass it off without further tests. Rheumtoid factor need not always be positive and it could be sero negative arthritis as well. You have been symptomatic for quite sometime now, immunomodulators can provide long term releif. Please XXXXXXX an immunologist soon.

I hope I was of help. I will be happy to answer any further queries

I wish you good health