Having pain in chest, shoulder and neck and cyst in ovary. Feeling confused and light headed. What's wrong?

I have left sided pain excruciating in my hip
rib and chest into collar .bone and right shoulder and neck all anterior
except for the neck pain also beginning on right hip. Includes involuntary spasms and gasping when pain gets to its high point. Started in December. Flexeril didn't help nor naproxen. Blood work normal x XXXXXXX normal vascular congested found on reproductive system. Doppler for. Right hip showed black on screen. Left fallopian previously enlarged with cluster cysts on right ovary. Also episodes of confusion and lightheadedness. Pain In left hip goes into groin and down leg. Fingers and toes on left side have numbness. And pulse between 100-153 daily bp gets up to 156/98 started in December with just left hip then went up now beginning bilaterally. Please tell me ur opinion what's wrong with me? I was out of work for a.month when it began no strain or injury occurred. Also started 600 mg gabapenten not helping pain its still intensifying and spreading.
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 1 hour later

I am sorry to hear your problem. First of all will you please let me know what investigations you have had so far? You mentioned about cyst in your (R) ovary. Your blood pressure is high for your age and your pulse rate also high. You mentioned about normal blood and X-ray reports. Please tell me X-ray of which joints?

The only condition I can think of is fibromyalgia. This condition present with heightened pain affecting different joints like neck shoulders lower back hips associated with painful muscle spasm.

Ordinary pain killers do not work. I think you should see Rheumatologist for management and treatment. Your high blood pressure and pulse rate may be stress related. The cause of fibromyalgia is unknown.

Awaiting your response.

Kindest regards
Dr. S.K.Mukherhee
Follow-up: Having pain in chest, shoulder and neck and cyst in ovary. Feeling confused and light headed. What's wrong? 23 hours later
Fibromyalgia rules out due to no muscle damage. Only had lots of blood work told it was fine . Been losing balance lots of confusion slower thinking and movement trouble speaking occasionly. Told.maybe the gabapenten caused the increased symptoms so weaning off now. Forced to resign from work so can't afford to live now. Being told I can't be admitted to hospital I feel . helpless. The pain is intensified by even slight pressure like clothes or seatbelt or positioning myself. Told maybe myofascial pain but it doesn't have a trigger its.always there just gets worse with pressure. I have highs and lows of pain throughout the day. They r saying I don't need a mri and may give me a ct scan if insurance allows. I need someone to help me get a diagnosis I feel my doctor isn't going to and I'm just gonna progress she assures me.its probably not serious but how do I know if there is no answer for me its been a year ....Oh and it was a chest x XXXXXXX came out normal
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 21 minutes later

Muscle damage need not always be associated with fibromyalgia. I have been associated with many patients suffering with fibromyalgia without muscle damage. Besides that, this is a condition diagnosed on exclusion and there are no direct tests to diagnose fibromyalgia.

This condition makes the person's life a total misery. As you might know fibromyalgia is a condition where the person perceives intense pain to any normal pressure stimulus, your history fits in well with fibromyalgia.

I still advise you to see a Rheumatologist and I believe we should have a diagnosis.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Kindest regards
Dr. S.K.Mukherjee