Having pain in chest and stomach. What could be causing this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My friend has chest and stomach pains, and I was wondering what might be causing them. Two blood work tests, CAT scan, x-ray, ultrasound, and tests for diseases, bacteria and viral infections have found nothing. Both times she was rushed to the hospital, the pains had started right after her monthly cycle. I thank you for any help you can give me.
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Unexplained pain in abdomen and chest with no detectable cause on investigations is likely to be related to anxiety neurosis. Organic cause is not likely in this case.
She requires psychological counseling and anti anxiety medicines after consulting a psychiatrist.
In addition to these medicines, here are some of the other treatment options which she can follow:

1) When she has such symptoms, breathe slowly through the nose and talk to family and friends.

2) Do not take caffeine or alcohol.

3) Indulge in yoga and meditation to calm the mind.

4) She can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.