Having pain in buttocks, leg and lower abdomen. Looking for cure

Question
Hi I have left side buttocks pain which is going down my left leg also having pains in left lower abdomen
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Hi
thanks for the query

The problem seem to be that you are having sciatica. i would request some further information. how is your weight? do you feel numbness in that leg? for much time did you had it? any trauma or heavy weight lift history?

Will be waiting for your reply

Thanks

Follow-up: Having pain in buttocks, leg and lower abdomen. Looking for cure 8 hours later
Hi I weigh 110 pounds (8 stone or just under ) my height is 4.11. I have no numbness. It started 2 days ago. I have not had any trauma or have not been lifting heavy. Thank you for your reply.

Hi

The description you have provided shows you haven't developed any neurological deficient. So, there might be just a mild compression of the left sciatic nerve causing the symptoms. Therefore it is better to be treated at its initial stages before getting further damage therefore a visit to neurosurgeon is recommended. Meanwhile anti-inflammatory drugs along with vitamin B12 supplements can be used as they are very much effective for this disease

if you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks