Having pain in both ears, fluid behind eardrum, frequent sinus and headache. Using nasonex nasal spray. Suggest a solution?

, I have alot of ear pain in both ears. No discharge no bleeding. The right hurts worse than the left. The left hurt worse about 3-4 days ago now . I went to the Dr. this morn. He said I have some fluid behind my eardrum but said to wait a week to see if it clears up. Also said to use a nasal spray Nasonex to help drain the fluid. I have frequent sinus headaches but ,they looked ok,. It doesn't hurt to swallow. He said it could be Meinere's disease. What do you think I should do?
Do you write prescriptions or can I be helped some other way? I do not have insc. for this.
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Otitis media

Detailed Answer:

Based on the symptoms and the examination findings I suspect you to have either Serous or Suppurative otitis media.

You may have to be placed on suitable antibiotics as soon as possible and also take Tab Motrin 400mg thrice daily after food for pain.

If suitable antibiotics are not taken and the infection is allowed to progress, the fluid behind the ear drum may build up and lead to ear drum rupture.

Once the ear drum rupture then the fluids starts getting discharged.

Do get yourself a course of antibiotics.