Having pain in back, kidney, leg and head. Feeling tired, dizzy and thirsty. Worrisome

hi have a dull ache in my back kidney leg and head and tired dizy and thirsty for over 2 weeks
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

The symptom of excessive thirst if due to polydipsia which is usually due to diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus. Excessive loss of water and salt (possibly due to not drinking enough water, profuse sweating, diarrhea, or vomiting) may also cause polydipsia.

Get your blood sugar levels checked and HBA1c test done to confirm the status of your blood sugar levels. To completely rule out diabetes insipidus, you can get water deprivation test and urine analysis done. This test helps determine the cause of diabetes insipidus. For the pain in the kidney area, get an ultrasound lumbar region and kidney function tests to rule out any kidney stones.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.