Having pain in back between shoulder blades. Blood and normal. Have panic attacks and given Valium. Suggest?

was having pain in back between shoulder blades and alco let side rib cage and front lower rib cage went to er check my blood pressure 127/82 checked bllod 3 times all good ekg didn't show anything now 3 days later I am hurting again left rear shouler blade I also have painc attackes and don't know if this is part of my problem the er gave me valium but I didn't fill it
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 21 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

Pain between the shoulder blades with the normal cardiac assessment narrows the differential diagnosis to very few causes:

Most common is the musculoskeletal pain while the possibility of the psychological cause in a patient with panic attacks is also very common.

I will advise you to take some anti- inflammatory medication along with local application of the anti- inflammatory gel to see if it helps.

If not, you will need assessment of the musculoskeletal system and the psychological assessment.

Please let me know if you need further information.