Having pain in back and arm pit. Having bouts with nausea. Having pain when taking deep breath. Suggest?

Apr 2014

Hi, So for over almost two weeks I have had pain in the right middle of my back and it started also on the right side of ribs under my arm pit to my hip. The past 4 days the left side of my ribs under my arm pit to my hip started to hurt also. The pain in my back is so sore to the touch, that it is impossible to touch it. The pain has remained constant and really sore. I also have very few small bouts with nausea and they have this far been so few that Its more of a new symptom and not typical. Also, I can feel giant knots in the spots on my back that are sore. The pain also at times mildly hurts with a deep breath.
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need proper examination.MRI may be needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

You need proper clinical examination and investigations.
There may be various reasons for pain.
Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Ultrasound of abdomen,ECG in all leads,Thyroid profile,RA factor,Serum calcium level,Vitamin D3 level,X-ray L/S Spine AP/Lateral,MRI of L/S Spine,Further investigations may be done if needed.
Backache may be due to lumbar disc prolapse.You need proper examination by neurologist.Cause of knots also needs to be investigated.MRI can detect nerve involvement if any.
Proper treatment can be given after clinical examination and investigation reports.

Hope i have answered your query.
Get well soon.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care