Having pain in armpit, upper arm and arthritic finger joints. What could this be?

Neurologist, Surgical
Hi. I have pain on my right side in the area where the outer edge of the breast joins the body. Some of the time the pain goes up into my right armpit and even the upper arm. There is no pain at all on my left side. Other things I noticed the last few days were leg pains that kept me awake (now better) and pain in arthritic finger joints that had been dormant for years. I am female aged 62. Email YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 6 hours later

Based on your description I can think of the following possibility:
1. This could be a lymph node compressing one of the nerves or pulled muscle. You need to see a general surgeon and get your breast and axilla examined.
2. I would like to know if pain radiates or starts from neck; if so this probably could be pinched nerve. You will need serum calcium and sodium potassium done along with NCV lower limbs to rule out peripheral neuropathy.
4. As for old arthritic finger analgesics and physiotherapy will help. You also need to get XXXXXXX and RA factors checked if not done earlier.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other enquiries.

Dr. Vineet